Monday, May 5, 2014

Sister Franks in the Philippines - April 30, 2014

Hello again!

So I guess by now you are probably used to my inconsistency in emailing/p-day schedules. The good thing is that I am late in emailing this week because we FINALLY HAD A TEMPLE TRIP P-DAY!! For the first time in almost 5 months, I got to go to the temple, and it was just wonderful. :) So glad I was able to get my recommend last week--just in time, it turns out. We left at 5 this morning to get there, though, so it's been kind of a long day and we're pretty hot and sweaty and tired now, so I apologize ahead of time if this isn't the most exciting email. But rest assured, I am a very happy camper today. And every day. As you will soon discover.

I am now serving in the Taytay 2nd Ward (yes, I am in a WARD! It is crazy!) There are so many people!! Everyone is so great though! And our ward mission leader is awesome! I'm still trying to adjust to having people be so excited about missionary work (we've gotten more referrals from members here this week than I think I got the whole 4 months I was in Morong). It's so cool, but also puts the pressure on us a lot more to step up our part of the work. I am really excited for my time here. I've already learned a lot and witnessed miracles, and I know this is just the start. :)

I love my companion, Sister Morrell. She is from Centerville, UT, went to BYU, and loves soccer. She is gorgeous, but doesn't realize it, and it actually just super chill. I was surprised actually, and humbled to realize, that she is not at all who I judged her to be at first appearance (not that my judgments were necessarily bad, just incorrect). We are a lot alike though, and get along really well. Teaching with her is so fun, too, because the language was tough for her at first, so she had become more accustomed to short, direct statements that I find to be really powerful. I am learning a lot from her teaching style, and I can tell the Spirit is really strong in our lessons.

Saying goodbye to Morong was hard (especially the Andres family), but I feel like I left everything on good terms, and the goodbye/house blessing we had with them the night before I left (with Elder and Sister Johnson) was so perfect. I couldn't have asked for a more loving, tender, spiritual evening. I love that family more than I ever imagined I would be able. If I somehow never get married and miss out on exaltation, they are the family I'm choosing to be a ministering angel to. ;)

Luckily, I should get to go back at the end of this month for the baptisms of Erwin, Madel, and Joy (the Honrado family), and Michael and Laurence. *fingers crossed that schedules work out*

That's it for now though; I'm going to try to send more pictures.
I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!! Happy MAY!!!

Love always,
Sister Emma Franks

No comments:

Post a Comment